Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting Stiffed

Today, on my way home from my real job, I found myself dealing with an ongoing Burp Armor drama. Getting Stiffed! Calling the Better Business Bureau in LA isn't an easy task. They are only open between 9 and 3 and customer service goes on lunch break for about an hour. When I finally found someone on the other end around 5:00 est., the conversation was very sobering.

When Kristin and I sat down and created our dream list of what stores we wanted our product in, BabyStyle (the LA based, super COOL store circa 2003) was tops on our list! Well... BabyStyle finally came calling this past October! AMAZING on every level. They called us, I didn't have to do the Burp Armor cold call. The buyer was totally into the product and subsequently purchased a large order. Again, amazing....right? WRONG! Here it is February 23rd, and BabyStyle is no longer! Today, the Better Business Bureau confirmed what we already thought. The nice BBB lady simply said, "Sorry sir, all their phone lines have been disconnected since January." And, the story doesn't stop here, Babystyle was bought by the baby giant The Right Start, who has given me no love in returning calls and/or has laid off their entire work force. What does this mean for Burp Armor, we are out some significant product, plus the money BabyStyle owes us! Nice work to the executives of BabyStyle for running what was a cool store INTO THE GROUND!

BabyStyle, do you hear that knocking! It's the collection agent coming for you!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the new economy, Mike! I guess if Circuit City and major wall street firms fall, no baby product store is safe! Better require payment upfront!!!

    Dave F.

    ReplyDelete